Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bored Martha Stewarts

So, after watching the first quarter of the Vols getting pummeled by South Carolina, my mom and I really had all that we could take. Seriously, I have never known Tennessee football to be this absolutely shameful!! It's hard for me to watch it. We decided to stop worrying about the team meeting their doomed fate and thought, what better way to drown our sorrows than to make cookies!! Not just any cookies might I add, but completely HOMEMADE cookies at that!! My mom, being the perfectionist that she is, is always great at making things like this! She is so creative! Some how whenever I try on my own to make things, they never turn out right no matter what I do, for example, trying to make candy apples! :)
Since it is fall, we wanted to get into the season and make cookies shaped like trees...or leaves, whichever you think they look most like!
The icing was the hardest part to figure out. We made the yellow first, then added red to get orange, and then added brown to make brown. We were thinking that it would turn out a dark brown but it never turned dark. We kept adding more and more food coloring but it still looked like runny baby poop! We used it anyways and weirdly enough, after the icing was put onto the cookie it turned darker and looked great!
I think in total we made about thirty cookies and it took a few hours! They turned out really really cute though! It is hard to think of different designs for thirty cookies! Bakers out there, more power to you! The whole time little Miss Smokey sat on the floor and watched, hoping we dropped and occasional crumb!






No comments: