Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas and Southern Cooking!

Christmas at the Newman residence is always a sight to see!!!! What you're seeing under the tree is only a fraction of what would be put out there after the rest of the family arrived the next day! Ridiculous but FUN FUN FUN! This year, instead of our family Christmas being held on New Year's Eve, we actually did it on Christmas Eve and it was oh so nice.
I got the chance to steal a few pictures with my two beautiful cousins, Katherine and Natalie while they were there.

Isn't this the most precious picture you have ever seen of Miss Natalie? Her parents told me that it is impossible to get her to sit still and pose for a picture which I found to be almost true. It was hard, this is the fifth attempt to take her picture but it was a success!!

After the de-stressing of all of the Christmas joys, I thought it would be nice to make some dinner for my parents for a change. I found a recipe I really wanted to try for homemade potato soup. Mom found her Santa apron, pinned it on me, and snapped a picture before I had a say-so :)

I hardly ever cook, but this soup turned out wonderful! And quite pretty I must say? It was oh so yummy in my tummy and there were NO leftovers! haha!








No comments: